Entwicklung einer validen Diagnostik um die sensomotorische Kompetenz von Patientinnen und Patienten mit einer Verletzung des vorderen Kreuzbandes (VKB) zu evaluieren.
Injuries and ruptures of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) are frequent during physical activity. Adequate neuromuscular control stabilizes the knee actively to protect passive knee structures and to avoid injury.
- Lead department Health Professions
- Institute Physiotherapy
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration (planned) 01.01.2018 - 31.12.2020
- Project management Heiner Baur
- Head of project Heiner Baur
Angela Blasimann Schwarz
- Partner Orthopädie Sonnenhof, Kniechirurgie & Sportverletzungen, Dr. Philipp Henle
- Keywords conservative treatment, electromyography, knee injury, knee joint, reconstructive surgery
Knowledge on the influence of ACL injury on the neuromuscular control of knee-stabilizing muscles is still sparse. The project contributes to this and aims to develop a valid diagnostic framework.
Course of action
During the return process to the pre-injury activity level, assessments of passive knee stability is performed. Additionally, motor skills (for example jump tests) are tested. Interpretation about knee function based on these assessments is not very specific. The aim of the project is therefore to develop a diagnostic framework to objectively measure deficits of sensorimotor competence by evaluating muscular activity in ACL patients under various conditions.