Italienisches Provinztheater im Risorgimento – Organisation, Repertoire und Bühnenausstattung von Feltres Teatro sociale (1797–1866)
This project is investigating the practices of provincial theatres and their socio-historic importance in the 19th century, using the theatre in Feltre as a case study.
- Lead department Bern University of the Arts
- Institute Institute Interpretation
- Research unit Performance and interpretation
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration (planned) 01.02.2020 - 31.01.2024
- Project management Annette Kappeler
- Head of project Annette Kappeler
Comune di Feltre
Fondazione Giorgio Cini
Université de Lausanne UNIL
Its original stage sets and documents pertaining to its administration and performances from that period will be subjected to a microscopic study. This will open up a window on an era when the theatre formed a social centre for the town at a time of ‘foreign rule’, when ideas of ‘national unity’ were forming. This study will cast a new light on theatrical forms whose aesthetic and socio-political significance is often underestimated.