Quality control of pikeperch juveniles using digital imaging and AI
The goal is to evaluate the possibilities of applying digital technology and artificial intelligence in fish hatcheries.
- Lead department School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
- Additional departments School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Institute Agriculture
- Research unit Livestock and Horses
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 07.07.2020 - 30.04.2021
- Project management Thomas Janssens
- Head of project Thomas Janssens
Swiss Food Research
Centre Suisse d'électronique et de Microtechnique SA
- Keywords pikeperch, quality control, artificial intelligence, digitalization
The potential of image processing, deep learning and latest camera technology shall be tested and evaluated on the field. The ultimate goal is improve efficiency of production by facilitating decision taking and improving quality of the juveniles.
Course of action
- Selection of the right vision system (camera, lens, illumination, filters). - Classification of swimbladder inflation with deep learning - Evaluation of weaning performance - Classification of quality of the juveniles (no injuiries or abnormalities) and measurement of the size heterogeneity - Potential of automated sorting system according to development, quality and size