- Bachelor of Science
As an engineer in wood technologies, you will take the lead in crafting intelligent and innovative solutions in wood and wood-based materials.
This degree programme:
- is aimed at people who are interested in complex and interdisciplinary projects in the wood industry;
- provides you with knowledge in the areas of timber house construction, interior furnishing, cladding, timber construction engineering, process and production engineering, product development and industrial management;
- offers specialisations in Timber Structures and Technology (TST) and Process and Product Management (PPM);
- allows you to explore questions from the field as part of coursework and projects;
- provides individual academic advice and gives you room to grow;
- opens doors to attractive careers.
Studying Wood Technology at BFH (German / French)
- Title/Degree Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Wood Technology
- Specialisations Timber Structures and Technology, Process and Product Management
Mode of study
Full-time (6 semesters) and optional 9-month internship
Part-time studies are possible, upon approval by the Head of Degree Programme
- Start date Calendar week 38
- Application deadline 31 July
- ECTS credits 180 ECTS credits; 210 ECTS credits with internship
- Study language German; select units in French or English
- Location Biel
- Department Architecture, wood and civil engineering
This degree programme is offered in German.
For detailed information, go to the German page.