- Bachelor of Science
This bachelor’s degree prepares you for specialist and management careers throughout the wood and supply industries. The focus is on intelligent and innovative solutions in modern timber construction as well as on sustainable wood products and processes.
This degree programme:
- is aimed at people who are interested in complex and interdisciplinary projects in the wood industry;
- provides you with knowledge in the areas of timber house construction, interior furnishing, cladding, timber construction engineering, process and production engineering, product development and industrial management;
- offers specialisations in Timber Structures and Technology (TST) and Process and Product Management (PPM);
- allows you to explore questions from the field as part of coursework and projects;
- provides individual academic advice and gives you room to grow;
- opens doors to attractive careers.
Studying Wood Technology at BFH (German / French)
- Title/Degree Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Wood Technology
- Specialisations Timber Structures and Technology, Process and Product Management
Mode of study
Full-time (6 semesters) and optional 9-month internship
Part-time studies are possible, upon approval by the Head of Degree Programme
- Start date Calendar week 38
- Application deadline 31 July
- ECTS credits 180 ECTS credits; 210 ECTS credits with internship
- Study language German; select units in French or English
- Location Biel
- Department Architecture, wood and civil engineering
This degree programme is offered in German.
For detailed information, go to the German page.