Our materials technology and heat treatment laboratory is your partner for the optimisation or evaluation of various heat treatment procedures. The range of procedures covers everything from the hardening and tempering of steel, to thermo-chemical treatments, to the annealing of titanium and the hardening of aluminium or copper-based alloys. We analyse the success of heat treatment by using mechanical materials testing methods – such as tensile, impact and hardness profile tests – as well as metallographic testing, scanning electron microscopy and depth profile measurements of chemical composition using glow discharge spectroscopy.
We would be pleased to make our expertise and laboratory infrastructure available to you. Cooperation can take various forms depending on the subject, prior knowledge, scope and complexity of the tests:
- Services and consulting mandates
- Requests for projects to be tackled as student theses
- Projects funded by third parties, such as Innosuisse, for more extensive studies (research projects)
Areas of expertise
Our current projects focus on the following areas:
- General heat treatment in a vacuum and under protective gas
- Thermo-chemical procedures, such as case-hardening, nitriding etc.
- Soldering processes
- Material and damage analysis
- Materials testing and characterisation