Applied research is carried out at institutes that offer a broad array of services and whose flexible collaboration model means they can launch research and development projects within a short space of time.
We pursue an intense exchange of research and knowledge with industry. This gives companies access to an excellent research infrastructure that ensures the development of key technologies for the future, combined with sound expertise in the subject matter and strong research capabilities. The use of highly diversified research and business networks benefits everyone involved. Give us a try.
From a few hours to months
The Institute for Human Centered Engineering (HuCE), for instance, is equipped with modern infrastructure for rapid prototyping in the mechanical and electronic fields. This includes a 3D plotter laser welding machine, ASIC die and wire bonders and an SMD/BGA picking system. Thanks to this state-of-the-art landscape, industrial prototypes can be produced in-house right up to series production.
The benefits to you:
- Directly financed collaborations are: fast and can be implemented immediately; tailored to the needs of the industry partner; the results belong to the customer.
- Mixed-funded projects are: partially financed (cost coverage 20–50%); intellectual property (IP) goes to the company. Industry partners benefit from well-oiled networks and teams.
What we offer:
- Possibility of immediate, straightforward project launch and quick results
- Collaboration offering the company access to state-of-the-art infrastructure in areas such as analysis, prototyping and 3D printing. A clean room with ISO certification (unique in continental Europe) is also available.
- Results belong to the industry partner; market prices.