Content + structure
In this CAS, we introduce you to the new procurement legislation (revised BöB*/revised IVöB**). You will learn what distinguishes public sector procurement from procurement in the private sector and acquire the methodological expertise to organise and plan your procurement activities. You will create tender documents with suitable evaluation criteria and practise evaluating submitted bids.
We focus in particular on sustainable procurement, which is recognised as a factor in the paradigm shift of the new procurement legislation. During the six programme modules, you will develop the knowledge required to ensure your public sector procurement activities are sustainable, legally compliant, successful and suitable to your needs.
*Federal Act on Public Procurement
**Interkantonale Vereinbarung über das öffentliche Beschaffungswesen
By the end of the CAS in Public Sector Procurement, you will:
- Be familiar with the (revised) regulatory framework for public sector procurement, as outlined in BöB and IVöB.
- Understand the key considerations and successful procedures involved in planning, organising and implementing sustainable public sector procurement activities.
- Be able to examine, adjust and evaluate bids and make preparations to award the tender in a legally correct and sustainable manner.
- Understand how procurement design impacts on the evaluation and the success of the decision to award the tender.
- Understand the risks and the impact of an appeal.
- Carry out an evaluation independently.
- Identify the relevant selection and award criteria and the criteria for the technical specification of different product groups for sustainable procurement.