Before implementing Industry 4.0, we must ensure that it will indeed deliver added value. Despite the revolutions industry has seen, its value-creation objectives have remained surprisingly consistent:, reducing downtime, increasing performance and lowering supplier costs. We explore how to achieve these goals using Industry 4.0 approaches.
Our professors work in three research groups:
Close ties to industry and end consumers are key to achieving success in the field of applied research and development. Research is a source of inspiration for new solutions, which is why I3S participates actively in a diverse network of national and international partners.
- Our laboratory is recognised by PI International as a centre of excellence and training for PROFIBUS and PROFINET.
- We are a member of the OPC Foundation
- And represented on the Board of Swiss Mechatronics.
- I3S is a member of the SwissT.net network, where we contribute to the Embedded Computing and Engineering in Automation sections.
- Dr Torsten Maehne is an Allied Individual Member of the standardisation task force for SystemC (Language Working Group and Analog-Mixed-Signal Working Group) of the Accellera Systems Initiative.
- We have a long-standing partnership with the Swiss Ornithological Institute in Sempach.
Bin picking at the I3S Institute | BFH
The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), a demonstration by the I3S Institute at BFH
Research is performed by people. You can find contact details and further information on our staff here: