Range of services
Our research focuses on technologically unresolved problems in the fields of future power grids and e-mobility. The Institute has ten different laboratories, and many projects can involve more than one lab.
Research + development
We collaborate closely with your company to implement R&D projects. Taking your individual requirements into account, we jointly define the specific topic to be dealt with. Many of our projects are funded by Innosuisse. We are happy to help you with organisational matters.
We offer flexible collaboration on services or product development. If you require any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.
- Feasibility studies
- Technological assessments and investigations
- Project monitoring
- Consulting, planning, coaching
- Tests and expert reports
- Measurements, appraisals and analyses
- Letting of facilities
- Evaluations and audits
- Design and characterisation of electrochemical energy storage units and fuel cells
- Design and testing of photovoltaic systems and their individual components
- Modelling of electrical supply grids
- Design and optimisation of power electronics for energy converters
- Design and construction of electrical machines and drive systems
- Accredited vehicle performance and emissions testing and toxicity analysis of exhaust emissions
- Accredited testing and characterisation of vehicles in the areas of active and passive safety
- Electrification of niche vehicles
Innovation and research are key to strengthening competitiveness. That is why companies from a wide variety of industries have long collaborated with our bachelor’s and master’s students. Here, our students incorporate aspects of their respective partner company’s work into their thesis, supervised by us. In doing so, they enable the company in question to avail itself not only of the students’ own academic knowledge and experience, but also that of their lecturers.
Training + continuing education
Whether we like it or not, technology plays a role in almost every aspect of our lives. Those closely involved in its development and advancement are helping to shape our future.