How do companies operate sustainably? Our institute will help your organisation develop its entrepreneurial spirit and value-oriented attitude while moving towards sustainability
Our services comprise teaching, research and consulting activities as well as commercial training and continuing education:
- Teaching: we teach sustainability-related content and develop in-depth content on corporate sustainability, the circular economy and sustainable consumption.
- Research/services: We do academic research and application-oriented research. This enables the sound knowledge to be disseminated as quickly as possible to generate direct benefits.
- Training and continuing education: Companies need managers who are familiar with sustainability and know the challenges involved in implementing sustainable corporate strategies. We pass on our knowledge directly in the form of topic-specific and practical training events.
Research and Development
Our range of research and services includes the following areas:
- Application-oriented research
- Consulting and coaching
- Training and further education
- Evaluation and study preparation
- Talks and lectures
Does your company need the answer to a challenging question or have a task which one of our students could work on? Please do not hesitate to contact us.
We supervise bachelor and master theses in the fields of business administration and business informatics, especially if they are research related. We charge a fee of (CHF 500.- to CHF 1000.-) depending on the amount of work involved.
Are you interested in cooperating? We would be delighted to hear from you.
Training and Continuing Education
In training and continuing education we offer the following topics and modules:
- Sustainable Business
- Nudging for Sustainability
- CSR (virtual module in cooperation with the Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences, Germany, and HAMK, Finland)
- Global Corporate Sustainability
- CSR and quality management
- Sustainable supply chains
- Sustainable strategy work
- Digital transformation as a path to more sustainable business
- Corporate Values and Sustainable Business
Through our organisation BFH SUSTAINS (Student University Support To Accelerate Initiatives for Nature and Society), we are building a support platform at the BFH to promote student projects and activities in sustainable development and awareness and to improve the students’ sustainability skills. BFH SUSTAINS has three strands of action:
- Sustainability certificate (BFH supplementary certificate, which demonstrates that a student has attained a certain level of knowledge and confirms that they have taken part in various activities in the field of sustainable development)
- Student initiatives (support for student led projects in sustainable development, in conjunction with BFH and external partners)
- Support (services/support for student projects, especially in the field of social/sustainable entrepreneurship)