Dr. Elisabeth Eugster
Dr. Elisabeth Eugster Leiterin Abteilung FSM
Hochschule für Agrar-, Forst- und Lebensmittelwissenschaften
Abteilung Food Science Management
MSc Food Nutrition & Health
Lebensmittelmikrobiologie, Lebensmittelhygiene, Lebensmittelsicherheit
Food Quality from Farm to Fork
Broad experience in project funding and management in applied research.
Scientific research in microbial biodiversity of food ecosystems.
Scientific research in microbiology, molecular biology, fermented food products
Scientific research in dairy technology, cheese technology.
Scientific research in food safety, human nutrition, sensorial evaluation.
- Born 1966 in St. Gallen, Switzerland, married, two children
Specific knowledge and experience in:
- Lecturing at HAFL since 1995: microbiology, food technology, meat technology, vegetable oil production, cheese technology, starter culture development, sensorial evaluation
- Build-up and implementation of courses in advanced education
- Designing and conducting tailor-made training courses, team coaching & tutoring
- Conceptualizing, planning and implementing of food development projects
- Information and knowledge management, knowledge transfer and sharing techniques
- Project acquisition, negotiation, contracting and transferring into action (“en bloc”)
- since 1995 Professor for Food Sciences and Technology; lecturing microbiology, meat technology, dairy technology, cheese technology, starter culture development, sensorial evaluation, BSc modules of HAFL Bern University of Applied Sciences BFH, School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences HAFL
- since 2017 Head of Division Food Science & Management Bern University of applied Sciences BFH, School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences HAFL
- 2013 Alpine dairywoman at Alp Malschüel, Switzerland, herding of 265 goats, responsible for the transformation of goat milk into goat cheese Alp Malschüel
- 2003-2016 Research group and research division leader Agroscope, Research Institute
- 1991-1995 Development manager edible fats and oil, dressings, spreads Unilever, Lipton Sais
- PhD thesis: Dr. sc. techn. ETH Zürich ETH Zürich
- Food Science and Technology MSc ETHZ, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland (dipl. Lm.Ing. ETH) ETH Zürich
- Certificate in Education at Universities of Applied Sciences (DIS Zertifikat)