RISE – getting sustainability down to earth
An agricultural operation is sustainable if it is sufficiently profitable, environmentally friendly and offers good living conditions to those who work and live on the farm. With the RISE (Response-Inducing Sustainability Evaluation) method developed at BFH-HAFL, the sustainability of agricultural production can be measured and communicated in the context of agricultural extension, education and supply chain management. The RISE software has been tested around the world, is available in seven languages and can be used both on- and off-line.
- Lead school School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences HAFL
- Institute Resource-Efficient Agricultural Production Systems
- Research unit Sustainability Assessment and Advice
- Duration (planned) 01.11.2000 - 01.01.2030
- Project management Jan Grenz
- Head of project Christian Thalmann