We manage and support research and development projects and service mandates for private businesses, state institutions, development agencies and civil society. We focus primarily on the application, implementation and dissemination of solutions to current problems and challenges – solutions that are client-oriented and needs-driven. We tap into the expertise of our interdisciplinary team of experts, which includes people with technical expertise in crop production, livestock production, farming, natural resources, forest science and food science as well as social scientists and education scientists with national and international experience in some 100 countries.
Wherever possible we work with local partner institutions in the South and East, calling on additional know-how from Swiss and international organisations as necessary. Both in research and in the provision of services we take part (usually with partners) in calls for tender.
Our principal services comprise:
- Strategy development, project and programme planning
- Project and programme support, evaluation and redesign
- Technical and methodological support and backstopping
- Coaching and facilitation
- Participatory methods
- Cost-benefit analysis of projects and programmes
- Active involvement in national and international networks
Research and development projects may involve several of the areas of expertise listed below; the aim is always to find holistic and sustainable solutions to current challenges.